This is a delicious spin on chili! It’s rich, a little sweet, and super flavorful. This is a great dish to make and enjoy effortlessly all week long. It also satisfies that comfort food craving.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth (plus extra for reheating)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Small can diced tomatoes (optional)
- 15 oz can baked beans (I like sweet baked beans)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1lb,) peeled and chopped small
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
Toppings: shredded cheese, onion, avocado etc.
Add ground turkey and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season liberally with salt and pepper then cook until no longer pink, breaking turkey up as it cooks. Add garlic and cook a little longer, then put in a 6 quart crock pot. Add remaining ingredients, except toppings, into crock pot then cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 5-6 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender. Serve with toppings. You can add more chicken broth when reheating.
Original Recipe: Here